Compared to other forms of outdoor advertising, vehicle wraps may be the most cost-effective. For a one-time investment, business owners can use them between 5 and 12 years (depending on weather conditions and care measures). However, the vehicle templates design must be close to perfect if they want to be successful like this article explains. With the increasing number of cars on the road, it can be difficult to stand out. This is where your work as a designer comes in.
When designing vinyl graphics for cars, there are a number of things that you should do. But, there are also a lot that you shouldn’t. Here are five of them:
- Don’t rely solely on Vehicle templates. Getting vehicle templates online is recommended because it saves you time, but you should also see the vehicle. Remember that vehicle wrap templates will provide you with a dimensional outline and the digital canvass to work on. But, they will not alert you if customizations have been done in the vehicle. So, you should definitely see the vehicle and take measurements before printing and cutting the design. If you do it after discovering that a custom bumper has been installed, you may work again from the start and lose valuable time and money.
- Don’t rush headlong into your design. Although the urge to design and create immediately is strong, fight it! Communicate with your client first. Find out what they want and pay attention to specific details. Create cool car wrap designs that either meet or exceed their expectations to avoid unnecessary reworks.
- Don’t overcrowd your design. When designing vehicle wraps, keep it simple. Do not overcrowd your design with imagery and other art elements like the one from www.signsilo.com. The most effective vinyl graphics for cars are colorful and dynamic, but highly sophisticated in terms of design and composition. So, keep your design simple, eliminate noisy background and allow the brand message to stand out.
- Don’t put too much advertising copy. Too much copy can be distracting on car wraps because potential customers can only see it briefly. As a designer, try to keep advertising copy to a minimum. All you need to include in your design are contacts details, brand identity and maybe a short message.
- Don’t disregard the needs of your client. Your client is your partner in creating great vehicle wrap designs. Communicate with them effectively by not only giving sound advice but also listening to them. Ultimately, they are the ones paying for your service so you have to make sure that they are satisfied.
Knowing the things you should do to create amazing car wrap designs is important, but so is learning about the things you should avoid. The design is one of the most important aspects of the vehicle wrap. To create aesthetically pleasing and effective wraps, follow the above tips. Keep in mind that your clients are putting their trust on you. Keep it intact by communicating with them every step of the way. Know what they want and meet or exceed their expectations.